Java Software Engineer - Omaha, NebraskaBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type Secret Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Part time telecommuting Job ID 186230BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/23/2021 City Omaha State NE Country United States
Raytheon Technologies is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, homeland security and other government markets throughout the world. With a history of innovation spanning 90+ years, the company provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services.
At Raytheon Technologies, we transform data into intelligence. As a leading systems and solutions provider of intelligence, security, and advanced information technologies to government customers in the United States and internationally, Raytheon Technologies provides the right knowledge at the right time, enabling our customers to make timely and accurate decisions to achieve mission goals of national significance.
About Your Team:
Engineering solves some of the most difficult technology challenges in our industry. We deliver high-performance solutions and provide a extensive technology pipeline to fuel business growth today and beyond. We achieve our vision through a strategy that leverages our highly skilled, diverse and motivated team, collaborating to design and develop products using strict process discipline with a deep focus on technology and innovation. We strive to grow our people with exciting new challenges, on-the-job training, mentoring and purposeful rotations.
Bring your talent and skills to the Raytheon Technologies Omaha, NE Engineering team! Our team is focused on providing solutions to challenging problems to enable the success of our customers' missions.
The Advanced Weather Interactive Processing System (AWIPS) is a series of technologies that collects weather data, analyzes it, creates visualizations and distributes watches and warnings for the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration and National Weather Service.
We are seeking a Java Engineer!Come support program needs and work in an agile environment performing all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Work in an Agile DecSecOps or DevOps Environment
• Design Software Components and Code
• Create and Implement Test Procedures
• Integrate and Troubleshoot Software
• Write and Update Technical Documents
The ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
• Experience developing, integrating, and testing software to ensure proper operation of software systems
• Experience in Java on a Linux platform
• Experience performing Unit Testing using Junit
• Proficiency using Software Design Patterns
• Experience using source control tools such as GIT
• Proficiency with multi-threaded applications
• Ability to design software modules using an object-oriented approach
• Ability to provide direct customer interaction for the purpose of conveying software design decisions and/or performing software installation support
• Ability to communicate effectively in a team environment
• Experience in full stack development, Postgres, Hibernate, and Rest services
• Experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines
• Proficiency developing micro-services
• Proficiency using variations of the Spring Framework
• Experience with API development and documentation
• Experience with Test Driven Development
• Experience implementing cybersecurity hardening solutions
• Experience developing in a DevSecOps environment
• At least one type AWS certification
• Java certification
2 years of relevant experience with a BS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics, preferred); or 0 years of relevant experience with a MS degree (STEM - Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics, preferred)
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.