New College Graduate: Software Engineer IBusinesses Raytheon Intelligence & Space Clearance type None / Not Required Relocation eligible Yes Ability to Telecommute Temporary telecommuting - during COVID-19 Job ID 187613BR Most Recent Date Posted 09/19/2021 City Marlborough State MA Country United States
As an RIS Software Engineer, you will support engineering activities including software requirements analysis, software design, software programming and implementation, software integration and test, and support to system selloff. Additional duties may include support to software documentation, software defect resolution, customer presentations, and software engineering process compliance and improvements; as well as, software automation development and integration. Candidates must be professional, a self-starter, and possess a positive attitude. It is important that the candidate have a willingness to learn project and organizational processes and procedures. The candidate must also be willing to work in a highly collaborative team environment utilizing Agile/Scrum-based development processes and methodologies.
Please include your GPA on your resume and a copy of your current transcript with your application.
- Generate test plans/procedures to verify new/modified STARS functionalities
- Perform requirements analysis and verification
- Generate scenarios for STARS system using ATCoach and SDRR tools
- Generate Problem Reports to identify system anomalies
- Test software releases to check system stability and functionality
- Provide support and/or conduct software acceptance tests to Software Quality and FAA representatives.
- Provide management/maintenance to STARS software labs
- Fundamental engineering skills
- Software engineering and computer science skills
- Knowledge of requirements analysis, development, traceability and verification
- Proficiency in Windows, Unix, and/or Linux environments
- Knowledge of UNIX, shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Good oral, written, and presentation communication skills
- Experience working with teams with common project goals
- Willingness to work flexible hours
- The ability to obtain and maintain a US security clearance. U.S. citizenship is required as only U.S. citizens are eligible for a security clearance
- Ability to work in a collaborative team environment using Agile methods and tools
- Knowledge of modern application architectures and/or methodologies
- Proficiency in Technical Writing
- Programming skills in C, C++ a plus
- Knowledge of networks and system hardware
- Knowledge of databases, Oracle and SQL
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0+ is strongly desired.
Bachelors of Science Degree by summer 2022, in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics or other related STEM field . Please include your transcript with your resume.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.187613
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.