LICSW Social Worker, OlympiaLocation: Olympia, WA Additional Locations:
Job Number: 885763 Date posted: 06/19/2020
THIS POSTING IS FOR A
LICENSED INDEPENDENT CLINICAL SOCIAL WORKER (LICSW) TO PROVIDE A WIDE RANGE OF
INTEGRATED MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES AS A CORE MEMBER OF THE PRIMARY, SPECIALTY
AND URGENT CARE CLINICS AT THE KAISER PERMANENTE OLYMPIA MEDICAL CENTER.
LICSWS AT KAISER
PERMANENTE WA HAVE A KEY ROLE IN SUPPORTING TEAMS IN DELIVERING EVIDENCED-BASED
WELLNESS AND LIFESTYLE MANAGEMENT INTERVENTIONS TO POPULATIONS ACROSS THE
LIFESPAN. THE LICSW IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING PSYCHOSOCIAL ASSESSMENTS,
DIAGNOSIS OF MENTAL HEALTH CONDITIONS, BRIEF INTERVENTIONS AND SHORT TERM
COUNSELING AROUND SUBSTANCE USE DISORDERS AND BEHAVIORAL HEALTH CONCERNS. THE
LICSW COLLABORATES AND CONSULTS WITH THE TEAM AND PATIENT TO ESTABLISH PATIENT
CENTERED PLAN OF CARE. THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL BRING A STRONG BEHAVIORAL AND
SOCIOECOLOGICAL LENS TO PATIENT CARE, AND HAVE DEMONSTRATED SUCCESS AS PART OF
A HIGHLY ADAPTABLE, INTEGRATED TEAM.
- Provide appropriate social work interventions to all age patients and their families including but not limited to psychosocial assessment, brief individual or family, advocacy, linkage, referral, group work, case coordination, and long-term care planning and placement.
- Consultation and coordination with multidisciplinary team of care professionals and primary care site medical/nursery staff, to include family conferences, care conferences, team meetings and etc.
- Assesses patient and family needs for care and communicates with other health care providers appropriately. Collects data relevant to visit with ongoing assessment throughout the duration of care. Evaluate psychosocial assets and deficits for the purpose of enabling the pt to maintain the greatest level of independence.
- Evaluates patients/family needs through timely assessment, communication and observation. Modifies plan of care through assessement based upon patient/care systems response.
- Minimum one (1) year of previous social work experience.
- Master's degree in social work (MSW).
- Washington State Licensed Independent Clinical Social Worker (LICSW)
- Licensed Social Work Associate (LSWAA or LSWAIC) OR Licensed Advanced Social Worker (LASW)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success as part of a multi-disciplinary team and commitment to diversity.
- Two (2) years of post-master's experience.
- Care coordination experience in managed care system, in-/outpatient setting, skilled nursing or long-term care facility.
- Knowledge of social case management, conflict resolution and team building practices.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with electronic charting.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.