Manager II Industrial Security - Albuquerque, NMRequisition ID 150706BR Date updated 10/25/2019
We regard the security of our employees, its assets, tangible and intangible, to be of primary importance to our continued growth, profitability and success. The establishment of security controls and procedures is essential for the protection of employees, the preservation of assets, and the effective enforcement of rules and regulations.
Are you ready to make the world a safer place? We don’t take risks when it comes to operating safely and securely - and that’s where our Security team comes into the picture. When you join us, you’ll be part of protecting our property, our people, and our proprietary data and technology. And we’ve gained recognition for our security performance.
This position is a direct report to the Industrial Security Manager in Tucson, Arizona and matrixed to the site director in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading all aspects of the security program at the Albuquerque, New Mexico facility, to include but not limited to, Industrial Security, International Security, Investigations & Counterintelligence, Physical Security, and Special Programs.
U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 day of start date.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- The incumbent will serve as the Facility Security Officer (FSO) and the Insider Threat Program Senior Official and will be responsible for the development, administration, and compliance of security procedures for the protection of classified and proprietary materials, documents, and equipment in accordance with the NISPOM.
- On a daily basis, the incumbent coordinates with Raytheon Security Leadership, Raytheon Site Leadership, government agencies, and customers to obtain rulings, interpretations and acceptable deviations for compliance with regulations.
- In coordination with Counterintelligence & Investigations department, the position will investigate security violations or incidents and prepare reports specifying corrective action. Conducts routine self-inspections, participates in customer reviews, documents findings, recommends and assists with corrective actions, and reevaluates implementation of corrective action plans.
- Partners with programs and Raytheon security for solutions to a myriad of security challenges. Individual must focus on customer service; be a team player; possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- This position will require some travel to various business locations as well as flexibility to perform during extended work hours.
- This position will supervise other Security professionals across the other locations in Albuquerque. This responsibility would include providing performance feedback, maintaining supervisor notes regarding employee interactions, conducting critical conversations, obtaining second supervisor input, approving timecards, delivering disciplinary actions, etc.
- Supports the Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) as an Alternate CPSO providing security oversight and guidance to Special Access and SCI Programs in accordance with DoD Manuals 5205.07, DoD Manuals 5105.21 and ICD/ICS guidelines.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Security, Criminal Justice, Business or other related field or 8 years equivalent industrial security experience PLUS the following:
- At least 8 years’ experience in Industrial Security preferably as an FSO with completion of the FSO curriculum for possessing facilities through Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency
- Active Top Secret security clearance- you must currently possess a minimum of a current, final Top Secret clearance with an investigation not older than 6 years on the first day of employment
- Understanding of the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency Risk-Based industrial Security Oversight (RISO)
- Thorough knowledge of NISPOM, NISPOM Supplement
- Experience administering the security procedures (NISPOM, DoDM 5205.07 series, Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 705, and JSIG), as they relate to operating in a classified environment for: personnel processing, media control, marking and control of documents / materials, security education, visitor control, destruction of classified materials
- Experience supervising small to medium size teams of both employees and contracted services
- Advanced training in Insider Threat
- Proven experience collaborating in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing solutions to problems of unusual complexity
- Proven positive relationship and network with government agencies
- Establish, gain accreditation, and maintain a secure facility in accordance with (IAW) ICD 705 and NISPOM
- Collaborate and assist the ISSO / ISSM on implementation of JSIG or DAAPM requirements
- U.S. Citizenship
Desired Education, Experience & Skills:
- Master’s degree in Industrial Security, Criminal Justice, Business or other related field
- Good analytical and problem solving skills to physical security, information security, access and visitor control security issues
- Experience in Counterintelligence operations
- Knowledgeable of COMSEC concepts and methods
- Experience performing and interpreting vulnerability assessments
- Experience administering the operations of a security infrastructure
- Knowledgeable in the Defense Counterintelligence Security Agency (DCSA) Assessment and Authorization Process Manual (DAAPM)
- Knowledgeable in Department of Defense 5205.07 Volume 1-4.
- Knowledgeable in the National Counterintelligence and Security Center ICD/ICS 705
- NCMS Industrial Security Professional® Certification
- Experience as a Top Secret Control Officer (TSCO)
- Exceptional communications skills both written and verbal to all levels of employees and customers
- Self-starter requiring minimal supervision
Security Clearance: This position requires the successful issuance, transfer or maintenance of a security Clearance. Non-US citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance. The Defense Industrial Security Clearance Office (DISCO), an agency of the Department of Defense, handles and adjudicates the security clearance process. Security clearance factors include, but are not limited to, allegiance to the US, foreign influence, foreign preference, criminal conduct, security violations and drug involvement. Additional detail regarding security clearance factors can be obtained by accessing the DISCO website at:
Active Top Secret Clearance, SSBI/SCI eligible, and SAP caveats - a minimum of a current, final Top Secret security clearance with a current investigation date on the first day of employment. A current investigation is defined as an investigation not older than six years.
Missile Systems (RMS) is the world leader in the design, development and production of missile systems for critical requirement including air-to-air, strike, surface Navy air defense, land combat missiles, guided projectiles, exoatmospheric kill vehicles, missile defense and directed energy weapons. RMS is headquartered in Tucson, Arizona with over 11,000 employees operating at sites across the country and internationally.
Top Secret - Current
Type Of Job
NM - Albuquerque
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.