Guest Advisor LOD
Location: 474 228th Avenue NE, Sammamish, WA 98074
If you’re both an animal lover and a people person, a position in one of our stores might be a great fit. We’re looking for people with a strong commitment to helping pets and their parents experience their very best lives together. When you join us, you’ll be part of a great team, working together to achieve sales goals while doing work you truly love
Provide guests with exceptional customer service bybeingthesubject matter expert on all products, nutrition, services, in-store promotions, local community events and other areas of animalcareand wellness. The Guest Advisor may be a ‘key holder’ and Leader on Duty (LOD) on a limited basis as needed.
Essential Job Functions: The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties and responsibilities with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Actas a personal shopper/information center for customers as they enter the store and be 100% focused on customer service.
- Providequick and courteous service to all PETCO customers and their pets by determining their needs and sharing product knowledge to suggest the appropriate merchandise and services to satisfy them.
- Beknowledgeable about pet-related events/resources and related costs within the community including dog parks, dog or cat shows, pet-friendly hotels, etc.
- Expresspassion about animal welfare and maintain integrity in the work area.
- Befamiliar with all new products and services in order to be able to engage with customers regarding new product and services features and benefits.
- Politelyand professionally respond to inquiries regarding products, services and pricing via the telephone.
- Bend, kneel, lift (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and stand for long periods of time.
Themajority ofjob dutiesareconducted indoors, although merchandise stocking and customer carry-outs will require thatanassociate leave thestore briefly. Because this position requires bending, kneeling, lifting (upto50 pounds, as necessary) and standingforlong periods of time. The large majority of this associate’s time will bespent in direct contact with our customers.
- High schooldiploma or GED is generally preferred.
- Prefer a minimum of2years of experience in providing the public information inthe animal nutrition, care/wellness/treatment knowledge areas is required.
- A minimum of one year in a retail environment is highly preferred.
- Possess basic computer skills with the ability to quickly research information from the Internet.
- Must be proficient in the use of the PETCO PetNet and have the ability to access product information using the POLARIS system.
- Must be certified on all 4 Companion Animal Departments.
- Must be Nutrition certified.
- Must be PIJAC certified (California only).
- Have thorough understanding of all aspects of Pet Services to include:
- Knowledge of the grooming salon program certification (PETCO Promise, Pet Stylist Mentor Program, Canine Heritage Breed Test, Pet First Aid.)
- Familiarity with the dog training class offerings and the store’s dog training schedule.
- Familiarity with the store’s photography and vaccination schedule.
- Previous PETCO experience preferred.
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other protected classification.